Everyone knows that there are some great perks to having a high search engine ranking. Your visitors can find you easily as well as brings you new traffic that equates to more money for your business. To get good search engine ranking, it is important to get your website indexed in search engines, such as Google, in addition to fully optimizing your website and content.
Since the Google algorithm changes frequently, you need to be indexed quickly and frequently in order for your website to remain relevant to the search engines. Having your original website content indexed swiftly by Google critically important to your business. Below are some helpful techniques to ensure that your new and existing web content gets indexed quickly.
Making Images, Video, and Sound Indexable
With the aim of being listed in search engines, your most valuable content needs to be in HTML text format. Search engine spiders often ignore or devalue images, Flash files, Java applets, and other non-text content, regardless of the latest improvements in crawling technology. The simplest way to make certain that your content you want displayed to your website visitors is also visible to the search engines is to write it in the HTML text on your page.
Advanced techniques are available for those who need superior formatting or visual display methods:
- Assign “alt attributes” in HTML for gif, jpg, or png image formats in HTML. This will give the search engines a text description of your visual content.
- Enhancement search boxes with navigation and crawlable links.
- Supplement Flash or Java plug-in controlled content with text on the page.
- Have an accompanying transcript for all video and audio content you place on your website. This gives the search engines words and phrases to indexed by the engines.
Get Your Content Indexed
- Make certain that the Googlebot can “crawl” your website efficiently. The most reliable way to achieve this it to set up an XML sitemap. Sitemaps helps the Googlebot find your new content on your website fast and easy. It also ensures that the majority of your web pages get indexed. WordPress users can use the Google XML Sitemaps plugin.
- Producing a site-wide link will assist your content in getting indexed. Use a Recent Posts Widget in your footer or sidebar to ensure that your new posts are linked to your other web pages. This shows Google that your new content is significant.
- To inform the search engines that your site has changed with new content, build links to your new content through social bookmarks on services like Pinterest, Digg, StumbleUpon, or Reddit. This will assist your website in getting crawled rapidly. This does not always guarantee that your new website content will be indexed immediately.
- Be sure to have excellent website and on-page SEO. Your blog post should be original, contains at least 400 words, and use quality keywords. Plagiarism and too many quotations will hurt your rankings and indexing efforts.
- Submit your RSS feed to various Feed aggregators such as ChimpFeedr or WP RSS Aggregator. These RSS sites will index your newly published context, providing you additional backlinks to your website.
Detecting Like a Search Engine
Many websites have a substantial amount of difficulty getting indexed by search engines. The problem could be that your problems are with your indexable content. Double-check if your website is indexable by using tools like Google cache or the MozBar. This will help you to see what elements of your content and website are detectable and indexable to the search engines, and which are not. If you find that not all of your content is detectable, there are plugins available to help you get on track to having all of your website indexed.