Web Content Strategist, Writer, Editor, SEO Expert
Certificate Nonprofit Management | 2013 – 2013
Certificate Six Sigma Black Belt | 2012 – 2012
M.S. Health Management | 2009 – 2011
University of Maryland University College
B.A. Communications | 2002 – 2004
Content Writer | 2013 – Present
- Wrote clear, influential, original content.
- Conducted extensive informational and keyword research to achieve excellent SEO.
- Amended, revised or redeveloped articles in response to feedback from the editor or clients.
- Worked on several articles at once on tight deadlines.
- Proofread copy for proper spelling and grammar.
- Submitted completed articles online and on time.
- Responsible for identifying and writing influential content for a multitude of high-profile clients.
- Worked cross-functionally with editorial and support teams to provide the most comprehensive digital media for clients.
- Wrote for nationally recognized companies such as Philips Lifeline, Dignity Health, Reid Hospital, and Missouri College.
Demand Media Studios
Contributor/Writer | 2013 – Present
- Received article topics and their expansion limits by editors.
- Searched current and past references of the subject topic.
- Gathered information and content material regarding the subject topic.
- Planned and prepared overall format and tone of the article.
- Organized collected subject matter material to compose a flawless article.
- Submitted completed articles to the editors.
- Strict adherence to time schedule.
- Wrote for major online brands such as Livestrong, eHow, Modern Mom, AZ Central, The Nest, and Chron.
Content Writer/Freelance Journalist | 2011 – Present
- Participated in brainstorming sessions with the clients and editors.
- Performed extensive research of topic utilizing online and print resources.
- Performed keyword research to increase SEO.
- Wrote convincing, results-oriented copy for web sites and promotional material.
- Proofread and edited all materials prior to submission.
- Strict adherence to client’s time schedule.
- Managed public relations efforts of several clients with many placements utilizing social media.
Physical Therapist Assistant/Clinical Manager | 2007 – 2011
- Managed and worked in a rehabilitation department implementing, reviewing, revising and progressing individual PT treatment and clinical programs.
- Analyzed projects and quantify them into tasks and budget requirements.
Physical Therapist Assistant/SSGT | 1999 – 2005
- Created presentation materials, user documentation, policies and procedures, training materials, brochure content and graphical displays.
- Independently planned and monitored projects, ensuring timely and cost efficient task completion.
SEO Marketer | Awarded: 2013
- Website content
- Press releases
- Email newsletters
- SEO content and consulting
- Blog management
- Email, blog, and social media copywriting
- Ability to organize and summarize the subject matter
- Extensive research skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe, and WordPress
- Proficiency with SEO practices and keyword research
- Proficient with social media management
- Knowledge of multiple writing styles: AP, MLA, APA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Windows (all versions)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat